Chapter 1: "What was I doing up here anyway? Why did I let Finny talk me into stupid things like this? Was he getting some kind of hold over me?" p. 17
Chapter 4: "Any fear I had ever had of the tree was nothing beside this. It wasn't my neck, but my understanding which was menaced. He had never been jealous of me for a second. Now I knew that there never was and never could have been any rivalry between us. I was not of the same quality as he" p. 59
Chapter 12: "I did not cry then or ever about Finny. I did not cry even when I stood watching him being lowered into his family's strait-laced burial ground outside of Boston. I could not escape a feeling that this was my own funeral, and you do not cry in that case" p. 194
Analyze these three quotes in 2-3 sentences each.
Use this as an opportunity to brainstorm your thoughts about Gene, including the following ideas:
is he a moral/good person?
is he an honest narrator?
is he a
good friend?
can you relate to him?
No comments:
Post a Comment